August 03, 2020
Singapore, 3 August 2020… The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Enterprise Singapore announced that the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) x Singapore Week of Innovation & TeCHnology (SWITCH) will expand to become the world’s first week-long round-the-clock, hybrid digital and physical event. Running from 7 to 11 December 2020, participants may attend in person at key physical locations around the world as well as be connected in an online city experience.
- SFF x SWITCH 2020 will provide a combined online-offline platform for the global FinTech and deep tech communities to continue to engage and connect in spite of the current challenges with international travel. The event will feature a hybrid experience knitting together an online city with various physical locations around the world, centred on businesses activities to boost sales cycles, discover partnerships and generate investments.
- The online city will provide each participating organisation with a digital location where they can share and engage with participants as well as schedule 1-1 meetings. Exhibitors can showcase technologies in key innovation domains such as FinTech; Smart Cities and Urban Solutions; Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences; Trade and Connectivity; as well as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and 5G. Participants will have access to networking opportunities throughout the day covering all time zones.
- Curated physical events hosted by a network of trusted in-country partners will provide exclusive access to industry leaders and sponsors in selected cities around the world. Participants can access physical events hosted in their cities to network with local government and industry leaders, learn about the country’s key government initiatives and local early-stage startups or access closed-door roundtables.
- An inclusive global content experience across five full days. Participants will get round-the-clock ‘live’ streams of curated sessions featuring leading speakers from around the world and also view sessions taking place in the physical cities. During ‘Golden Hours’ across time zones, participants worldwide will see keynote speakers from different regions coming together to share their perspectives on topics such as Financial inclusion, Green technologies and Sustainability.
- The pandemic has underscored that innovation and resilience are what enables us to overcome the greatest challenges. The theme for this year’s event is “People and Talent”. SFF x SWITCH will shine a spotlight on the trailblazing pioneers who have made a difference as well as rising stars with the potential to transform global industries. It will also honour individuals who have demonstrated remarkable resilience in overcoming obstacles to create new opportunities that have significantly advanced our society. The event will support initiatives and community activities that drive talent development, reskilling and upskilling of the finance and tech workforce.
- Participants can also look forward to other key events, including Deal Fridays, internship programme, the revamped MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator and MAS FinTech Awards, SLINGSHOT 2020, and TechInnovation, which will culminate in special digital showcases at the week-long event. A new element this year includes digital events to engage the African FinTech community.
- Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said, “The Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) has been growing each year as a destination for the global FinTech community to share their knowledge, innovations and insights. This year, the extraordinary challenges brought about by the global pandemic has triggered a paradigm shift for SFF x SWITCH. We have an opportunity to redefine our approach and look towards an expanded and exciting new collaboration model. We are exploring a creative way to integrate global centres through an immersive digital engagement experience. We are confident that this approach will be able to bring together the global innovation community in spite of the current constraints in travel and meetings.”
- Mr Edwin Chow, Assistant Chief Executive Officer (Innovation & Enterprise), Enterprise Singapore, said, “SFF x SWITCH’s hybrid programme breaks down the barriers of geography and time zone with the innovation and startup communities, making this a truly global event for everyone to participate in. Innovation will become the key growth driver for many economies amid the challenges brought about by the global pandemic. There will be even greater demand for new, novel solutions, and new opportunities that startups can tap on. We believe this event will continue to provide the ideal platform for innovation enablers, enterprises and startups from both Singapore and other countries to forge new global connections and make new deals.”
- Mr Aloysius Arlando, Chief Executive Officer, SingEx Holdings, said, “The business environment has changed drastically, but it has also given us the opportunity to increase our understanding of customers’ evolving needs. These critical insights have resulted in a hybrid approach allowing us a broader spectrum from which to design multi-dimensional engagements, further enabling the SFF x SWITCH communities to learn, network and collaborate. In collaboration with MAS and in partnership with Enterprise Singapore, SingEx is primed to support the safe restart of events while paving the way for a new model on how to facilitate more targeted and inclusive community engagement.”
- For more details, visit SFFxSWITCH.com for periodic updates on the event.
For media queries, please contact:
Deputy Director (Communications)
Monetary Authority of Singapore
Tel: +65 6229 9159
Assistant Director (Communications)
Monetary Authority of Singapore
Tel: +65 6229 9262
Cheng Kiat Loon
Deputy Director (Corporate Communications)
Tel: +65 6433 4465
Business Partner (Corporate Communications)
Tel: +65 6433 4618
About the Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore’s central bank and integrated financial regulator. As central bank, MAS promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through the conduct of monetary policy and close macroeconomic surveillance and analysis. It manages Singapore’s exchange rate, official foreign reserves, and liquidity in the banking sector. As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore – banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors, and stock exchanges. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education. MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
About Enterprise Singapore
Enterprise Singapore is the government agency championing enterprise development. We work with committed companies to build capabilities, innovate and internationalise.
We also support the growth of Singapore as a hub for global trading and startups, and build trust in Singapore’s products and services through quality and standards.
Visit www.enterprisesg.gov.sg for more information.
About SingEx Group
SingEx Holdings comprises four closely linked companies that collectively provide a comprehensive range of integrated solutions for venue management and consultancy, exhibition and conference concept development and organising services; and international trade event related ventures. SingEx Holdings, including its subsidiaries, is wholly owned by Temasek Holdings, one of Singapore’s largest investment holding companies.
Its events arm, SingEx Exhibitions, owns, develops and manages a series of new-to-market trade exhibitions and conferences in Singapore and key emerging markets. SingEx Exhibitions’ events portfolio spans various sectors, such as Industrial Transformation; Innovation and Technology; and Sustainability. Headliners include Singapore FinTech Festival, the world’s largest of its kind, and Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC, Asia-Pacific’s leading trade event for Industry 4.0.
SingEx Venues specialises in the management of Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) facilities and has been managing Singapore EXPO and MAX Atria since 1999 and 2012, respectively.
For more information, log on to www.singex.com.
About The Association of Banks in Singapore
The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) plays an active role in promoting and representing the interests of the banking community in Singapore. In doing so, ABS works closely with the relevant government authorities towards the development of a sound financial system in Singapore. Since its establishment in 1973, ABS has promoted common understanding among its members and projected a unifying voice on banking issues. It has brought its members closer together through various guidelines and banking practices as well as the support of projects of mutual benefit to face the challenges of the financial and banking community in Singapore. Today, ABS has a membership of 158 local and foreign banks. More information on ABS is available on the website: www.abs.org.sg.
About the Singapore FinTech Festival
Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) is the world’s largest FinTech festival and a global platform for the FinTech community comprising FinTech players, technopreneurs, policy makers, financial industry leaders, investors including private equity players and venture capitalists, and academics. In 2019, SFF and the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH) saw more than 60,000 participants from almost 140 countries and featured highlights such as the FinTech Conference, the FinTech Awards, Global FinTech Hackcelerator, Innovation Lab Crawl and Industry Networking and Workshops. The SFF is organised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore and in collaboration with SingEx Holdings. Find out more at www.fintechfestival.sg.
The Singapore Week of Innovation & TeCHnology (SWITCH) is the leading tech festival for the Globa-Asia innovation ecosystem. It is a one-stop platform where innovation meets enterprise, with access to global startups, investors, corporates, innovation community and ecosystem players. It focuses on these key industries – Health & Biomedical Sciences, Smart Cities & Urban Solutions, and Trade & Connectivity.
SWITCH is a week-long event featuring Exhibitions, Conferences, Workshops, Lab Crawls, and partner activities such as startups pitching competition, SLINGSHOT 2020, and open innovation platform, TechInnovation. Together with the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF), SFF x SWITCH convened over 60,000 participants from 140 countries, hosted 569 speakers and 1,000 exhibitors in 2019.
SWITCH is organised by Enterprise Singapore and Intellectual Property Intermediary (IPI).
Find out more at http://www.switchsg.org/.
 ‘Golden Hours’ are the overlap in business hours across different time zones, and are prime periods to capture audiences around the world.
 The new internship programme will provide 200 interns with the opportunity to support the running of SFF x SWITCH. Singapore-based polytechnic students, university undergraduates or postgraduates keen to develop a career in technology innovation and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply at http://sffxswitch.com.
 MAS’ announcement on the launch of a S$1.75 million MAS Global FinTech Innovation Challenge: https://www.mas.gov.sg/news/media-releases/2020/mas-launches-sgd-1-75-million-fintech-innovation-challenge
Registration is open for SWITCH 2020 on 7-11 December! Tickets start from SGD 75, get yours here!