The Talent @ SWITCH Mentorship Programme is a structured and skill-based mentorship programme as part of the Talent @ SWITCH Entrepreneurship Exposure Series (EES), offering EES’ youths the opportunity to get an experienced professional as their mentor and gain one-to-one guidance on sharpening career-related skills such as communication and pitching skills, defining personal success and developing an entrepreneurial mindset, setting them on the path to become investible and hireable.
Regardless of whether they decide to be intrapreneurs in a company or entrepreneurs, from the programme, they will be equipped with the skills and confidence to take on their future career paths.
The Mentorship Programme consists of 4 mentoring sessions over 2.5 months and takes place right after each EES session. Interested applicants for this programme are required to apply along with the EES.
Registrations for the Talent @ SWITCH Mentorship Programme has closed. However, you can get your 1-For-1 SWITCH Pass by 30 September to access the Talent @ SWITCH Entrepreneurship Exposure Series (EES) and all of SWITCH’s year-long webinars through 2022!
Read on to find out more about the Mentorship Programme structure, schedule and other information.
What is the structure of the programme?
In each session, mentees will prepare for different tasks, each targeting a unique skillset and knowledge area - from persuasive pitching to building self-awareness and working towards career goals. Mentors will provide advice and guidance on their performance, while also sharing industry knowledge based on their professional expertise and experience.
Programme details and schedule:
Each mentorship session will be one-to-one and 20 minutes long, right after the EES sessions.
What is involved?
Mentors are working professionals who are industry experts across various sectors, including current or ex-entrepreneurs. Mentees will book their desired mentor from the list of mentors on the platform.
Once you are enrolled into this mentorship programme, you are required to be committed and responsible, and to:
- Prepare for the specified task before each session.
- Be there at the allocated timing/slot of your mentorship session.
- Be proactive in having a discussion with your mentor regarding your performance of the tasks, own progress and other advice you need.
- Be open to feedback and be motivated to better your prospects and employability.
- Understand the programme and from there, plan your goals and milestones with your mentor.
- Attend the briefing session prior to the programme to understand the programme and expectations.
- Provide feedback to the organisers about the programme.
- Sign up for mentorship programme (By 1 August - TBC)
- Briefing session and orientation for mentees (6 August)
- Mentoring programme kick-off (10 August)
- End of mentoring programme (21 September)
How can I apply?
Application for the Talent @ SWITCH Entrepreneurship Exposure Series (EES) including its Mentorship Programme has closed. However, you can get your 1-For-1 SWITCH Pass by 30 September to access the EES and all of SWITCH’s year-long webinars through 2022!