Introducing Culture Tech
INTRODUCING CULTURE TECH
|Title:||Introducing Culture Tech|
|Date:||Thursday, 11 November 2021|
|Time:||03:00pm to 04:30pm (+8 GMT)|
About the webinar
What is CultureTech? Covering the realms of art, culture and heritage, the Singapore government is investing in cultural innovations to explore the opportunities it presents to Singapore as a modern society. Join us to hear from CultureTech professionals innovate in this space, as they unpack the possibilities and new frontiers that CultureTech offers.
- Mrs Rosa Daniel, Deputy Secretary (Culture), Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth and CEO, National Arts Council, on how the Singapore government is investing into Cultural Innovations as part of Public Service Transformation, with the aim of imagining the future of arts, culture, and heritage. Aside from cross-institution workgroup, major institutions are funded to operate their own cultural innovation labs.
- Ms Chong Siak Ching, CEO, National Gallery Singapore and Head, Visual Arts Cluster, on how being relevant to society also means ensuring that our art museums are agile to adopt or even drive new accessible ways of engaging with and appreciating art. Hear about Y-Lab @ Gallery, and the Y-Lab Foundry Accelerator Programme.
- Ms Roh Soh Yeong, Director, Art Center Nabi, on the era of convergence that we are living in and how media art is at the forefront of it. She will share about how this convergence is transforming creative content, museum exhibitions, cultural artefacts, public and commercial spaces, education and virtual worlds, with a focus on aestheticization of society, user participation and commodification of experiences on- and offline.
- Ms Vinitha Jayaram, Senior Manager, National Arts Council (NAC), will share about how artists are experimenting with technology in their practice and finding new ways to create engaging experiences for audiences in NAC’s Arts x Tech Lab.
- Mr Kelvin Quah, Co-founder, Tic Tag, will share about citizens as catalysts for art appreciation through crowdsourcing and the possible A.I. applications this could unleash.
- Mr Jonathan Ng, Partner, Innovation Design, Common, will share how looking at what’s around led to the innovation of ReveLight - a Mixed Reality device that enhances current experiences.
- Ms Venessa Tan, Product Manager, Vouch SG, will share about how Vouch partnered with NHB to develop an AI-enabled digital concierge solution that aims to transform the end-to-end museum experience for our visitors and how this is a gamechanger for the culture sector.